Knowledge is power, and our commute survey helps us to understand and improve access to and within downtown for employees. A total of 13,810 employees completed the 2013 survey, which followed our 2009 survey. Responses provide insights regarding commute behavior that may benefit employers, downtown property owners, transportation planners and public policy makers.
- 32% of downtown workers utilize transit
- 57% of respondents regularly drive to work alone
- 26% of respondents use park and ride
- 6% of respondents take a local bus, light rail or both
- 9% of respondents carpool or vanpool
- 2% of respondents selected other as their commute type, such as biking or walking
The full report, executive summary and maps can be accessed on the Transportation section of the downtown information portal.